Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Accordion Style Card Holder

So since I have a lot of free time on my hands at home I have been doing a little crafting. This is a gift that I made for my mom. It’s a card holder that has 3 different sections for her to put her cards that she makes in them. I also made a few note cards for her to send out. Hope she enjoys. It was really really easy to make. I didn’t take a picture of every step since I didn’t know if it would work out but I will post the steps.

Here are the supplies that you need

· One 6" x 12" piece of patterned paper

· One 4" x 6" piece of patterned paper

· Two 3 3/4" x 4" pieces of patterned paper

· Three 4" x 6" pieces of white cardstock(I used patterned paper)

· Three 1 3/4" white cardstock circles

· One 2" x 6" piece of patterned paper

· Scor-Pal™, or other scoring tool

· Scor-Tape™, or other strong adhesive

· Decorative border punch, optional

· Ribbon

1. Score the 6” x 12” patterned paper piece at 4-1/2”, 6-1/2” and 11”, creating the base.

2. Score the 4” x 6” Patterned Paper piece at 2”. Use a decorative edge punch on one end if desired. Attach this piece along the scored 1” section of the base with Scor-Tape™.

3. Score the 3-3/4" x 4" patterned paper piece every 1/2" across the 4” side.

4. Crease scored lines well and attach accordion pieces to the sides of the base. Take care to line up right along the edges of each panel.

5. To add the ribbon, put Scor-Tape™ on the seam underneath the top flap, and attach the ends of the ribbons, about 1-1/2” from each end. Adhere the 2” x 6” patterned paper piece to cover the seam and ends of the ribbons

6. Label circles and adhere to the backs of the 4” x 6” cardstock pieces. Insert into the accordion slots.

Finished Product


Finished product


Inside of the box

  • closed
  • Note Cards for my mom
  • Inside the box
  • The best helper ever

No comments:

Post a Comment