Sunday, June 27, 2010

Altered Picture Frame

I was really excited about this project it was really fun to make and so easy. I used our last name but you could certainly use a baby name or give it as a wedding gift or shower gift. I used a 10x20 frame but you could certainly use a different size. I will show you another one that I am making that is 8x10.
Go ahead and take the frame apart and throw away all the layers
Now pick a background paper. This paper I found at Michaels and of course its 12x12 so you have to put two pieces together I just used a little tape on the back. Don't worry about matching it perfectly you will cover it with your letters
I added a picture. I cut it down and then matted it to make it 4x6
Add the picture to your background. You could do anything here a quote or a date or any sentiment you choose
Cut the background for the letters. I made mine 4x5 since my last name is short I could make them a little bigger.
I cut my letters out using the cricut but you can cut your letters however you want.
Then attach them to your background blocks. I used my zig but you could use any sort of adhesive.
The measuring and centering is the hardest part. I was still a little off but Its close enough for me. Of course DH "the engineer" will probably notice once he looks a little closer.
TADA!!! All done. Now to find a place to put it. This was super easy and super cheap. Its a cute way to add a personal touch to a room or a gift. Can't wait to show you the other things I have been working on.

Thanks,
Mrs. Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment